In 1986 Louisiana designated the Beignet (ben-yay) as the official State Doughnut.
The Boston Cream Donut is the Official Donut of Massachusetts (designated in 2003).
Donut Day is the first Friday in June each year. The first Donut Day was in 1938 as a fundraiser for the Salvation Army. It honors the female volunteers who served donuts to soldiers during World War I.
There are 2 people in the U.S. listed on whitepages.com with the last name ‘Doughnut’ and another 5 with the last name ‘Donut’
- Back in 1971. The famous chocolate river Augustus Gloop almost drowned in in the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory film was made 15,000 gallons of water mixed with chocolate and cream.With all the cream, the river spoiled fairly quickly and the cast revealed it left a terrible smell.
2. According to the International Cocoa Organization, Europeans account for almost half the world’s chocolate consumption. They estimate the average Brit, Swiss, or German eat 11kg of chocolate a year.
1. The waffle cone was created at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis when Abe Doumar, a traveling salesman, encouraged an ice cream vendor to serve their ice cream on rolled waffles made by another nearby vendor when they ran out of paper dishes.
2. The first known ice cream recipe was handwritten in the recipe book of Lady Anne Fanshawe in 1665, and it was flavored with orange flower water, mace, or ambergris – an intestinal slurry puked up by sperm whales.
3. Chocolate ice cream was invented long before vanilla, and the first documented recipe for it appeared in the book The Modern Steward, published in Italy in 1692.